Welcome to NC Cosmetology Education
We are a provider of North Carolina Continuing Education for Cosmetology. Our Courses meet North Carolina State Board of Cosmetic Arts requirements. Our Cosmetology Video Courses are unlike any other provider.
NEW NC State Board Rule: As of April 01, 2012:
ALL COSMETOLOGY CONTINUING EDUCATION HOURS CAN BE DONE ONLINE OR CORRESPONDENCE.
Complete your Cosmetology Continuing Education hours 24/7. Log in and out as many times you need to complete the course.
We are one of the only providers for Cosmetology Teachers, Manicure Teachers and Esthetician Teachers.
OUR NEW COSMETOLOGY VIDEO COURSES CAN ALSO BE DONE ON MOST MOBILE DEVICES!
Cosmetologist: 8 per year, renewal every 3 years for a total of 24 hours
Esthetician: 8 per year, renewal every year
Manicurist: 8 per year, renewal every year
Teacher: 8 per year, renewal every 2 years for a total of 16 hours
Please use our contact form if you have any problems with our site or classes and we will respond as soon as possible.
I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the many Cosmetology customers we have had and hope that we can continue to serve you for many years to come.
Beauty News - Trends
|The Sexiest New Makeup Shades For Fall|
Typical fall colors, like burnt orange and maple red, are nice if you're packing up to go leaf peeping in Vermont. Otherwise, yawn. These makeup shades are made for the cooler, sexier, and more adventurous side of September.
Spiked with a dash of burgundy and a hit of black, plum lipstick becomes "sophisticated in a twisted kind of way," says makeup artist Tom Pecheux.
GET THE LOOK: "A badass shade like this deserves to be strong and sharp," says Pecheux, so layer lipstick on top of a matching lip liner to keep it in place, and use a stiff brush to get precise lines. Keep your eyes simple with black mascara and your skin looking fresh with highlighter.
1. Smashbox Be Legendary Lipstick in Black Plum
2. CoverGirl Queen Collection Lipcolor in Fine Wine
3. Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar in Dekadent
4. Yves Saint Laurent Beaute Rouge Pur Couture Mat Lipstick in Prune Avenue
5. Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Black Cherry
Why play around with timid neutrals? A chocolate brown lip color is like a "tougher, more intense version of nude," says Pecheux. A sheer, creamy finish keeps it from looking brutish.
GET THE LOOK: Pecheux tapped the bullet directly onto the lips until he built up the color to the desired intensity (which, at home, is entirely up to you). Other factors to consider: shadow (a wash of taupe) and mascara (lots of it).
1. L'Oréal Paris Colour Riche Lipstick in Brazil Nut
2. Topshop Lips in Moccasin
3. Estée Lauder Pure Color Long Lasting Lipstick in Copper Flash
4. E.L.F Essential Lipstick in Fantasy
5. CoverGirl Lip Perfection Lipstick in Bewitch
If you have a few minutes to get all wing-y and artsy with your shadow, let us suggest a metallic green hue.
GET THE LOOK: Rim eyes in black pencil and add a dash of emerald shadow along the lower lashes at the outer corners. "Lining the entire eye can make it look smaller, but a splash of color beneath opens it up," says Pecheux.
1. NYX Single Eyeshadow in Hunter Green
2. Essence Eyeshadow in Forest Fairies
3-4. Dior 5 Couleurs Couture Colour Eyeshadow Palette in Bonne Étoile
5. Clinique All About Shadow Single in Black Jade
6. Rimmel London Glam Eyes Trio Eye Shadow in Tempting
A deep metallic red sounds intense—and that's exactly how it's meant to look. "It's rich and luxurious," says makeup artist Pat McGrath.
GET THE LOOK: No need to be precise; no need to be precious. Sweep it all over lids, smudge on a ton of black pencil liner along the upper and lower lashes, and call it a (smoking-hot) night.
1. Mary Kay Mineral Eye Color in Sweet Plum
2. Dolce & Gabbana Smooth Eye Colour Quad in 135 Vulcano
3. Clé de Peau Beauté Satin Eye Color in 120
4. Estée Lauder Pure Color Gelée Powder EyeShadow in Cyber Ruby
5. VS Makeup Metallized Eye Shadow in Femme Fatale
On eyes, cheeks, and lips, taupe (that's brownish gray, to be exact) "has a surprising, understated sex appeal," says Pecheux. That's because it has the same undertones as skin. Naked skin.
GET THE LOOK: Dust a matte taupe powder under your cheekbones with an angled brush. Sweep the same shade across your lids in a winged shape. To keep things luminous, dab silver cream on the inner corners of your eyes and swipe on a sheer taupe lipstick. Choose a neutral color two shades deeper than your natural skin tone.
Shiseido Luminous Eyeshadow Trio in BE213
4. Laura Mercier Matte Eye Colour in Café Au Lait
5. Mary Kay Mineral Lipstick in Mocha Freeze
6. M.A.C. Lipstick in By Design
7. Lancôme Effects Eye Shadow Smooth Hold in Mochachino Matte
What shade of purple can you wear on eyes, cheeks, and lips? It's not a trick question, or a recipe for crazy face—this purple is so glossy and silver- tinged, it works on every feature.
GET THE LOOK: A swipe of delicate lilac on the eyes and lips adds a faint flush of color. Vary the intensity—and opacity—by choosing an eye shadow that's a touch darker than your lipstick.
1. Clarins Mineral Mono Eyeshadow in Lavender Tea
2. Chanel Ombre Essentielle Soft Touch Eyeshadow in Hasard
3. Yves Saint Laurent Beaute Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stain Rebel Nudes in No. 101 Nude Provocateur
4. Bite Beauty Luminous Crème Lipstick in Cava
5. CK One Eye Shadow in Evolved
We're no strangers to blue eyeliner. Navy, cobalt, aqua—you name it, we've tried it. But this supersaturated turquoise is so fresh and unexpected, even we'd never worn it before.
GET THE LOOK: Turquoise liner is bright and shocking on its own, and that's a good thing. Make it even more so by applying it in a thick, unapologetic swoop that extends past the corner. Pecheux diffuses the tip of the wing with a cotton swab.
1. NYX Glam Liner in Aqua Luxe
2. Topshop Eye Crayon in Kingfisher
3. Milani Ultrafine Liquid Eye Liner in Sparkling Turquoise
4. Make Up For Ever Aqua Liner in Diamond Turquoise Blue
5. Nars Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner in Abbey Road
6. Sephora Jumbo Liner 12HR Wear Waterproof in Turquoise
Metallic purple with flecks of purple shimmer: Sound a bit like Prince, the makeup collection? Not when it's worn smudged along the upper lashes. "It's so much more interesting than a black liner," says Pecheux.
GET THE LOOK: Draw a thick line of violet across lids and blur the edges with your fingers. Purple can swing both ways: A hybrid of red and blue, it accentuates both light and dark eye colors and works with a nude or red-hot lipstick.
1. Maybelline Color Tattoo in Potent Purple
2. Essence Eye shadow in Cosnova Stay No Matter What
3. Sephora Violet Smoky Eye Quad
4. Hard Candy Shadowholic in Purple Rain
NC Cosmetology Education ® 2009